Saturday, July 14, 2012

We need your prayers

I don't know how to write this post or what to say or how to say it so here it goes. Mason is very sick. Everything in his body has shut down to try to fight this infection. The antibiotics he was on are super strong but he still got this infection. They have added another antibiotic as well as medicine if this meningitis were to have come from a fungus. They are suspecting bacterial meningitis based on his lab numbers.

Right now he is fighting for his life. They are trying to get him through this but said it will be very difficult. It is so hard to think that he has made it through so much for it to end now. But God still has a plan. We may not know it or understand it right now but I am still trying to give Him thanks through everything even though it is really hard right now.

Mason's blood pressure was really low so they had to start him on blood pressure medicine. His body right now is in septic shock and all of his fluid has pulled out of his blood and is in his tissue so he is really swollen. His heart rate is very high. They are going to give him more blood, platelets, albumin, and hydrocortisone to try to help him. Right now his urine output has decreased because his body is in shock but they don't want to give him lasix. The problem is if he holds on to his urine too and with all of this extra fluid his kidneys might shut down and he isn't a candidate for dialysis.

This is all very hard news to hear and for us to comprehend. We love Mason very much and I pray that he will survive and overcome all of this. I pray that he will be our miracle baby and amaze the doctors. Please join us in praying for our baby. We need many many prayers now.

22 comments:

  1. I am so very very sorry to hear about everything that is happening with sweet little Mason. I am sending prayers upon prayers. Please let this darling baby pull through all of this and continue to fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying very hard for God's healing! God bless your family too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have followed Mason's journey and sent prayers ups for him and your family....I am confident that our Healer has Mason in His hand and will give wisdom to the doctors...Beth Hutchens, friend of Anna and Tim Bloch

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been following your blog since I saw your post on Kelly's Korner. Your family and your sweet Mason are all in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that God will hold Mason in his healing hands. Praying for strength and courage and faith for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to college with Tiffany and have been following your blog with continued prayers for sweet Mason. Our God, our Healer, has a plan for him! Praying for your family and Mason!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying in CA! Don't forget that God won't EVER leave you nor forsake you...He will uphold you with His righteous right hand! Praying for strength and peace, Gods peace to be with you...Fight little Mason...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lauren, wanted you to know I've been praying for Mason & your family since Gail first posted on Facebook. My heart is breaking for you. I will continue praying & trusting God to heal sweet Mason & hold your family in His hands
    ~Katie Lain Loman

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending prayers your way! I can't even begin to imagine how difficult this time is for you and the family. Your faith is truly amazing and I know God will bless you in so many ways. Continue to trust in Him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lauren I will continue to pray for Mason. I read your blog daily and was so upset to find out that he has meningitis. I am sure your heart is breaking. I am praying for a miracle.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying really hard for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for Mason...and you....May God give you strength,guiding hearts and Dr.with healing hands....God's Blessings over Mason and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for this sweet baby! And your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think I have ever witnessed a more loving and devoted family with endless faith and selfless outreach to others as you go through Mason's journey.

    I will continue to pray for the miracle of healing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praying for your family and Mason's healing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Praying for Mason. Rest in the everlastin arms. God knows all things and is in control of all things. He knows the desires of our heart and loves us all very much. Also praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't even imagine what you all must be going through. Praying that the Almighty will perform a miracle in Mason's life, so that he may be a testimony of the Healer's hands. Praying always.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Praying for your precious little Mason. I have been following your blog and praying for your sweet, precious, little one since he was born. I am committed to you and your family as a prayer warrior. The God we serve is amazing, and his power is limitless! I am also praying for strength and endurance for you and your husband. Big, big hugs are being sent your way!
    Lindsay O'Brien

    ReplyDelete
  19. thinking of you and your sweet, sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I found your blog through Pierce's Project...Our son was in the NICU for 4 months so we know the ups and downs. Thinking of you and your sweet boy tonight. Many, many prayers for you strength and peace for your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just want you to know that my family and I have been praying for Mason and your family for many weeks now. My children 9 and 6 years old tell everyone about, "Baby Mason"! When I read today's blog, my 6yr old, (who just recently asked Jesus into her heart), asked, "mama can we pray for baby Mason?"! She prays for him daily. I can't even imagine what you guys are going through. God has a plan, and we will continue to lift your sweet boy up in prayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Prayers for sweet baby Mason...God will give you strength for today and HOPE for tomorrow!!God bless your baby boy and your family.

    ReplyDelete