Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sneaky boys

Mason had another good day yesterday. We can't complain! He has gained up to 2 lb. 1 oz. and the continue to be able to increase his feedings (I think he is up to 1.8 now). They also increased his fluids as well since now he isn't retaining fluids so that will help him as well. We are happy that he is off all of his medicines now and can hopefully just get stronger and grow. While we were there yesterday, another baby came in to have surgery and we got to see the inside of what happens there. It was deja vu...only 3 weeks ago we were going through the same scary feeling and now here we were on the other side of the "bridge". I remember all the uncertainties and being so scared and feeling helpless. But our God had a plan and he continues to be faithful. I am reminded of this everyday as we continue to plug along through each and every day.

Genesis 28:7 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.



Mason continues to have a lot of personality even though he is so little. While they were prepping the other baby for surgery he decided he was going to pull on his breathing tube. I had to pull his hand off of it numerous times and I tried to tell him he needed to behave because they were going to be very busy for a little bit and didn't need any distractions. But he continued to pull on it pretty hard to be so little.

Sorry the quality isn't that good (Josh gave me a lesson afterwards) but you can see that he has his hand wrapped around it. 
Big yawn...I am completely innocent and was NOT trying to get in trouble.

Here is our other sneaky boy...this is how he was dressed on the way to breakfast. He has to wear his sunglasses now (like Mommy and Daddy). He says "Sun is bright. Need sunglasses. " They are too funny but we continue to be thankful for our family each and every day.

1 comment:

  1. So so glad that Mason is gaining some weight! He's looking bigger in these pics :)This time next year I'll bet you have 2 little boys on their way to breakfast wearing "cool dude" sunglasses. God is good and you are so lucky he chose you to be these boys mother.

    ReplyDelete