Tuesday, July 10, 2012

30 weeks old

Hard to believe that Mason is 30 weeks...only 10 weeks away from my actual due date. And that he is already here. I keep getting reminded of the wimpy white boy syndrome...I think he is the only white boy in the NICU at Brenner's (atleast in our "pod"). He is one tough cookie.

It was a quiet day for Mason. No labs to look at so they continued on with the antibiotics and will check today to see if they should keep giving them. His blood gases have been good so they have kept his vent settings the same (since they are minimal and they have no where to wean). They did another MVT and had to discontinue again because his respiration rate increased so high. PT and OT are working with him and they say his muscles feel good and that he is tolerating treatment. I got to hold him today and he enjoyed being snuggled up close to Mommy and fell asleep. They also increased his feedings again to 3.4. He is doing well and still not looking "sick". We sure love this little boy!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren I have been following masons story since he was born ( via Rebecca Lowe) my heart has a special place for premies. My baby girl was born at 30 weeks & weighed 3 lbs she is now a big ol 18 lb girl at 8 months old ..God is so good! I pray for ur family often & am thrilled to see Mason growing. Stay strong mommy..the Weafer family loves u guys

    ReplyDelete