Monday, July 30, 2012

Our hearts holds on

Yesterday was a semi non eventful day for Mason. He did have to get some blood and by the end of the day his head was pretty tight and up to 31 cm. Neurosurgery was called and they came and pulled 20 ml off of his head in 3 different places, trying to pull off in the infected area. Good news is the labs came back that showed white blood cells were down to 5,000. Bad news is this morning his head was right back to feeling full again and his head was up .5 cm just from last night after he pulled the csf off. Infectious disease team came by and said that they may feel comfortable with a surgery since the white blood cell count is down but will continue to discuss him at their conference tomorrow. Our dr said they would either put in a reservoir or something like a bag (I can't remember the name of it right now) that would allow the infection to drain out of his head and clear up. So basically we will wait for a few more days to see what they say and what all Mason's team of dr.'s feel comfortable with. No infection has ever been seen under a microscope and nothing has grown out so this all continues to leave them puzzled. Please pray for guidance and wisdom of the medical team here to figure out the right thing to do and to be successful.

God continues to be with us even though this all is hard. Yesterday at church we sang a song that really spoke to me by Matt Redmond. I have talked before about how I feel like we are walking through the valley right now but I hold on to the hope and to God's promise that there will be a light at the end of all of this dark time. Please continue to pray for healing for Mason. I really am certain that God has a great plan for his little life. We just have to keep passing through the storms right now and not let go as our heart holds on.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know you are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?


Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

2 comments:

  1. I will be continuing to pray for your little guy! Also I'm not sure if I mentioned before how I found your blog, but the "A Wedding Story" blog mentioned our blogs together asking for prayers when my newborn daughter was having seizures and we were stuck out of the country. So I found your blog and have been following you guys since. I'm on bedrest from birth complications now so have lots of time to follow your story and be praying for you. You are such a strong woman, I can only imagine what you are going through, but pray God will be with you through it all and bring you peace knowing He is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am continually awed at Mason's strength in pulling through each week's challenges and adversities. I love the latest pictures of him--his face is getting to be so expressive! Lauren, you and Josh and Corbin are doing such an amazing job holding it all together through all of this, and I know it is making all of you stronger as a family. Mason is so lucky to have you as a mother! Hold on to that hopefulness and faith and positivity, and you will all get through the next round of challenges as well. Sending love--

    cousin Pam

    ReplyDelete