Thursday, August 23, 2012

Waiting on You

My devotional today (date August 23) excerpt from Sarah Young's Jesus Calling:

Entrust your loved ones to ME; release them into My protective care. They are much safer with Me than in your clinging hands. If you let a loved one become an idol in your heart, you endanger that one--as well as yourself. Remember the extreme measures I used with Abraham and Isaac. I took Isaac  to the very point of death to free Abraham from son worship. Both Abraham and Isaac suffered terribly because of the father's undisciplined emotions. I detest idolatry, even in the form of parental love.

When you release loved ones to Me, you are free to cling to My hand. As you entrust others into My care, I am free to shower blessings on them. My Presence will go with them wherever they go, and I will give them rest. This same Presence stays with you, as you relax and place your trust in Me. Watch to see what I will do. 

Powerful words.

Mason is making improvements today. Thank the Lord! Blood gases have continued to be good and they continue to wean and also took his nitric oxide down to 10. He was much more alert today than yesterday and was trying to open up his puffy eyes to see me when I spoke to him. All cultures have come back negative but they did find a thrombus/cast on the echocardiogram which they are suspecting to be slight place of infection in the heart (endocarditis). Good news is it isn't interrupting the flow of the blood but they think this might be why the drop in the platelets, etc. We didn't hear from neurology today in regards to his seizures and they sure made their presence known yesterday when he was continuing to have seizures so at this rate I feel like no news is GOOD news.  Overall he looked less puffy and swollen and they are going to continue to give him lasix, now 3 times a day. Hopefully he might be off the jet tomorrow and they may think about starting back feeds soon. I am so thankful for all these milestones even though they seem small. For a couple of days we were grasping for anything positive. Tonight as Corbin was saying his prayers tonight he said, Dear God please be with Mason, and James and Mason and Mommy and Daddy. Amen. We love both our sweet boys so much. Lord, we watch and we wait for your guidance every step of the way.



5 comments:

  1. I love my Jesus Calling book, it always seemed to meet me exactly where I was at. I also wanted to share these 2 songs that have meant so much to me as we walked through the NICU journey.

    Laura Story - Blessings
    JJ Heller - Your Hands

    Many, many prayers for your family. Your faith is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is too hard for God. He is great and mighty and he can deliver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been so encouraged by your faith in God while you wait to see what He wants to do in your lives and in Mason's life. Hold on to that faith no matter what happens. You are in my prayers and those of many others. God will go with you wherever he leads you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren,

    I am an slp in Greensboro too...I lost a son in march, but I won't begin to say that I understand the depths of the roller coaster you are on. I do, however know lots of people who work for Guilford County Schools and would be more than happy to see if I can get some days donated for you. If you get a moment to breathe, email me whatever info Id need for that and I will put out a request for you. God's Love,
    Elizabeth Hepler
    ehepler81@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a grandmother who is praying for a grandson with leukemia. It gives me great hope to remember and recount to God all the many time He did deliver in the past..to Abraham, to Moses, to Jonah, to Elijah , to Hezekiah, and to many others. I repeat back His own words to Him...Psalm 34:4-18. My grandson is in remission and I continue to call out to our faithful and good heavenly Father who can deliver.

    ReplyDelete