Friday, August 24, 2012

Good news

Tonight we celebrate and are thankful. The day started off not great though...Josh called to get the morning report and the night nurse said she had visibly seen Mason having seizures. He was smacking his lips, moving his eyes. I hurried to get ready and get up there to see. They still hadn't heard any information for neurology. I went ahead and went to rounds and all labs are looking ok. Infectious disease thinks the clot in the heart isn't infection...good news continues to be that the clot isn't blocking anything. Please pray that this will resolve. Cardiology will continue to follow. They are hoping to get him off the jet tomorrow and back on the conventional vent. Blood gases continue to be good. They were able to wean the nitric oxide down to 5. Continue to give the lasix to get rid of the fluid. We are still waiting on him to poop again so they are able to start back feeds. Still hadn't heard from neurology yet but if they hadn't heard anything by this afternoon then they would contact them. I went back to pump hoping we would get some answers. When I came back out I saw neurology taking away a computer. I was hoping and praying it was Mason's. When I turned the corner I saw no computer and they were taking the EEG equipment off of his head. They reported no seizures since August 21st. Thank the Lord! We continue to pray everything is moving in the right direction now. We are SO thankful for some positive news and a good day. To Him be the glory! Thanks for continued prayers and support!


Psalm 103:1 Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me Bless His holy name.

3 comments:

  1. Praise God! I will def update our prayer warriors! Mason is a bundle of joy & we pray he will be home soon so he can be with his family! Keep praising God each day for all of the wonderful things he has done for Mason & your family! Sending lots of love & prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 103 tells us to praise God and forget not His benefits. He is a wonderful God who is slow to anger, forgives our sins and heals our diseases. His Word is truth and His Word tells us this is so. Praise God for working in Mason's life.


    ReplyDelete
  3. PTL for some positive news. I can't even imagine the rollercoaster you have been on, and I admire you so much for your strength and faith through all of it. Will continue to pray and ask others to do the same.

    ReplyDelete