Tuesday, August 21, 2012

More news

Last night we got a call that Mason was suspected of having seizures. They started him on phenobarbital to help with that and a 24 hour EEG. EEG has since confirmed that they were seizures. He will continue to be monitored and on a maintenance dose. He is now on coverage for antibiotics for fungal and viral infection. No infection has grown out yet. His platelets continue to drop. He is on numerous drugs to help with sedation so he won't fight the ventilator but his breathing is improving. That is a good thing. He will continue to receive lasix and albumin to help pull off fluid. I am thankful we are seeing some improvement in his breathing. We have got to be thankful for any good news.

3 comments:

  1. Natalie Transou maddoxAugust 21, 2012 at 10:48 AM

    Mason has plenty of prayers that he will pull through this!! Glad his breathing is a little better!! Hoping things continue to improve daily!! He sure is a sweet little boy!! Praying continuously for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to church with Martha Jump. I have been praying every day for Mason. Yesterday's news was so sad for me. I cannot imagine how heartbreaking this is for your family. He has fought so hard and I will continue to pray for him. I have it posted on my FB page and my friends are praying as well. He is so precious. Will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The England crew is praying hard as well. We hope the he pulls through as he has been such a fighter/survivor. Becky and Brian Mueller's Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete