Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Roller coaster

So it wasn't too long into this whole journey that someone (I wish I could remember who) said oh, well it will begin to seem like a roller coaster ride. Some days are good and some days are bad and some days it may not seem like days it may seem like some hours are good and some hours are bad. Well, I definitely understand.
 Mason has seemed better today but they are still concerned about the puffiness of his belly. That, along with the fact his platelets are low (which could point to coagulation (SP)-dealing with clotting) and his high blood sugar (today they had to start him on an insulin drip) and the fact that there isn't gas moving through the gut leads to bad signs. Bad signs that could mean surgery or the possibility of surgery. They are going to watch his potassium level (which if high could mean that there is some dying off of cells in the stomach. They have found out his specific strand was ecoli so they have been able to treat it specifically. So again, I am asking for prayers. swellings or swelling to go down, for gas in the belly and I would REALLY like for him to poop and be able to take in some milk and keep it down and let it pass through his little body. I know that our God can do anything.
This is how we found our little angel tonight.

 On a slightly different note I have to tell a story about Corbin. Last night, Josh had shown Corbin the picture of Mason holding onto my finger. Well, this morning we were sitting together eating breakfast and out of nowhere Corbin said, "Mason night night" and I said yes, he probably is night night. And he said, "Mommy and Mason" and put his arm on my arm and pointed to my phone and said, "Show me Mommy and Mason." He was so excited when I finally "got" that he wanted to see that picture and it just made me so aware that even though I am not sure how much Corbin understands, he does. What an awesome God we serve, I hope and pray each day that He will heal us all of this roller coaster ride and carry us through because we surely can not do this without His provision.

2 comments:

  1. It was good to see you both tonight and Corbin. I'm praying daily for you all and Mason. God is in control and will carry you through. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! We are praying! If it makes you feel any better, my guys started to get milk pretty early on, but had to stop and start so many times that it took awhile to get to full feeds. Their little tummies and GI systems took awhile to get used to digesting.. Growing on the outside is tough, but it sounds like your little guy is a little fighter. About 3-4 weeks in, my docs switched from fentanyl to mostly versed. The change in drugs, plus trying to wean them a little seemed to help get their bowels going, which helped with feeding. While the pain meds are necessary, they do constipate.... Anyway, just something that helped with our guys when we were in a similar situation... Praying his little tummy gets the healing rest it needs to start eating soon!

    ReplyDelete