Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Brother is like a baby bird

 One of the nurses up at the NICU gave Josh this book ("My Brother Is Like A Baby Bird") for Corbin. It really was a sweet book and does a good job of describing all the things that go on in the NICU and helping children understand. It is hard to know exactly what percentage Corbin is taking in of all of this but he does know he has a baby brother named Mason and he often asks, "Mason home?" Hopefully someday soon buddy, someday soon... 

 Today was a pretty low key day. They did a chest x-ray and changed around his breathing tube to try to help him from de-stating. Before that he had had a bad blood gas which the think was a fluke due to the placement of the chest tube. They also changed the equipment that was measuring his breaths and things looked better. He was still up a lot on oxygen and they eventually were able to 67%. He still did de-stat but his breaths on the monitor looked a lot more rhythmic than yesterday and he got down to 79 where yesterday he got a lot lower than that. We just talked to the nurse and he is continuing to de-stat and they are going to do another chest x-ray to check for tube placement.  Overall, he was pretty calm and relaxed. Rounds went well. I asked if they were concerned or when would they get concerned about this and she said that it is probably due to the pneumonia and him recovering from this. They were talking about lowering his fentanyl but his nurse, Pam said why don't we just leave it alone today. Thank goodness...I just wanted to have a low key day. Blood gases got better and they did change his rates a little bit but that is about it. Praying for a peaceful night and healing for his little body and for God to fight off this infection. In His hands all things are possible. 

3 comments:

  1. I love yall and know that God will your whole Family through this. Mason is a blessing and I look forward to being Uncle Chris to him and Corbin! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know writing every day is therapy for you guys, but I don't miss a day and then I know what to pray for after I read from your blog. Thanks for giving us a chance to be part of your lives. I lift my hand to God in an effort to lift Mason and all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continuing to pray for Mason daily, I definitely teared up when you were talking about Corbin wanting him home. Soon, someday soon :).

    ReplyDelete