Thursday, June 28, 2012

Another test?

Mason got a new "room" today (bed) so he is all fresh and clean. He continued his trend on good days. He rested comfortably (even though he did get pretty hot due to the manual settings on his bed) and he got up to 100.9 so we had to open up the doors and the top to cool him off. His heart rate was up a little bit (to around 180). They are going to turn his settings down a little more because this has seemed to be a little bit of an issue this week where he has gotten hot for different reasons, which brings up his heart rate. I think he is just hot natured like the rest of the men in my life (Josh and Corbin) so I am going to be in trouble!

 Everything looked good. Cranial ultrasound unchanged and labs will be done tomorrow. Increased his feedings to 1.2 mL per hour and that is about it. He will start working with PT and OT because of his brain bleed and they were going to come and work with him today. They are going to do another minute ventilation test either tonight or tomorrow to see if he could be extubated again. I am not sure how I feel about this because I don't understand what could really have changed in 3 days to make them think he will tolerate it better. We will see tomorrow what the plan is but I do wait they would wait a little longer. I  know it is better for him to not be ventilated but if he isn't ready this moment then it is ok. He may be ready next week or the week after but I wish they would atleast wait a full week before they tried again. Anyway, just my feelings. Below is a picture of him holding my finger while we were trying to "air him out". You can see all of his features and his head full of hair. We sure do love you sweet Mason.

3 comments:

  1. He is a beautiful baby. I am so thankful for a series of good days. Praise God! His hand is clearly on Mason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks wonderful! Was his bleed on both side or just one side? My son, who was also born at 23 weeks, had a bleed on the left side of his brain. However, by the time we left the NICU it has completely self absorbed. Truly a miracle!! I am praying the same thing happens with Mason.

    Lane
    http://theplemons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lane, His bleed is just on his right side. I am praying too that the same thing happens with Mason. Thank you for your encouragement and prayers!

    ReplyDelete