Thursday, October 25, 2012

A possible date


Mason got to start back on his feeds again today and he was happy! He took 2 bottles and did well with that (just 10 ml). The dr. asked me when I wanted to go home...she would like to try to get him off of oxygen and he is on minimal (usually around 25% and back on .9 liter today I think after surgery) so that could probably be a goal. He needs to get to bolus feeds and continue to see how he can do with taking foods by mouth and then I think we are good. She said by thanksgiving should be no problem! Yay! So much to be thankful for. We are excited and ready for this boy to be home! Please continue to pray as we prepare for him to come home and for him to continue to do well! To Him be all the glory!

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you...Mason will be just about 2 months adjusted. That seems very reasonable to me considering all that has happened. I hope you will still post so we can keep up with you and Mason as we all have grown so very close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is such wonderful news for your family!! I will be thinking of you and praying for him as you wait for him to come home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him. 1 John 5:14-15
    This verse spoke to me so closely in the experience that your family has been faced with. Lots of people have lifted Mason and the Matthew's family in their prayers and just as God promised in 1 John he hears us.



    Just like many other people, I know that they think of Mason everyday. I find myself obsessed with your post. I enjoy reading the mountains he has climbed and praising God for those and also asking God to guide us through the tough times. I found it so true that if we ask we shall receive. I can't wait to glorify God when I learn that Mason gets to go home.

    One day when you guys are ready for visitors which I know will be a long time from now, I would love to meet the gift that I have had hundreds of people praying for.

    This road is not over yet

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic news! our rachel came home november 21st...a day after my birthday. it was a great gift. i hope he continues to improve and you meet that goal of thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Mason! So happy for you all! And thank you God, for all you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise be to God, I am so happy for you and your family. Mason you have done a great job, continue on Mason. God surly had plans for you Mason.... Please continue to post when you get home so we can stay up with you and the family.. I love you and your family....

    ReplyDelete