Thursday, December 6, 2012

Surgery scheduled


Mason's shunt started leaking again this afternoon so it looks like surgery is inevitable. He was put on the OR schedule and we aren't exactly sure what time his surgery is because he has to coordinate with the pediatric surgeon in order to gain access to the heart. This time instead of the drain/tubing being put in the belly it is going to be put in the heart. The shunt is also going to be moved to either the right side or to the back of the left. We will leave it up to the surgeon to do what he is thinking is best. Please pray for success and for quick recovery. Hard to believe that this will be Mason's number 8 surgery and he is only 6 months old (and that isn't even counting other procedures).

I sure do love these boys. 

3 comments:

  1. will pray for all of you! I know that must be nerve-wracking. I love his sweet/full little cheeks!! Hang in there, Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo of the three of you!! Thinking of you and praying the surgery goes well and a quick recovery follows!

    - Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do not know me, although I have followed Mason's story because my DIL, Emily Rampey Miller, shared your blog with the rest of the family. My preemie, Alex, will be 23 in a few weeks and we were in the same position as you when he was Mason's age. We left the NICU at 5 1/2 months and then went home with our baby. We were back in the hospital after two weeks for a surgical revision.

    I wish I had been able to handle this "Bump in the Road" as gracefully as you are. I admit that my faith wavered a bit at this point. I just wanted you to know that others have walked this path and are cheering you on as you face each day with such grace, faith, and courage. Mason and your family are in my thoughts and prayers each day.

    ReplyDelete