Sunday, December 23, 2012

Perspective


As the days until Christmas come closer and my family still is under the weather and I get frustrated I still must remember perspective. Exactly as my mom said earlier today on facebook, even though this year has been a tough one we have been blessed. We have 2 sweet amazingly perfect little boys at home with us and we WILL celebrate Christmas when everyone is well (as we should celebrate Christmas every day of the year). I have always LOVED Christmas and celebrating it and have wanted to pass these traditions down to my children and look forward to doing this in years to come and God will get us through this time right now. We are blessed and are fortunate to have Mason alive and doing as well as he is doing! Below is a "guest post" from my mom, Cathy (picture taken by Gail Jones Photography).

It's all perspective......
This Christmas will be very different for my family. Right now Corbin is getting over a GI bug and still has a fever.Lauren Jump Matthews is staying down stairs with Mason in total isolation. Josh Matthews is staying upstairs and quietly comforts Corbin each time he heaves. All of our plans for a family Christmas dinner (although with oxygen tanks and feeding tubes) seem to be dwindling away. But there is a lesson here as well. Christmas is not just about all the bows, wrappings and cheery songs. December 25th is just another day on the calendar. We can celebrate ANY day. And we have so much to celebrate. The odds were so stacked against Mason even "being" this Christmas. And yet, I can hold him.....and look at that precious face......and rejoice. Maybe this Christmas won't be like we planned.....but we can still celebrate.....and look forward to next year.....and be thankful for the many many ways we have been blessed. There are 20 families in Newtown, CT for whose Christmas Days will NEVER be the same. So.....here is a big hug.....from my family to yours.......and a wish for a very blessed and Merry Christmas. Ours truly is! 


2 comments:

  1. What an adorable picture!
    And an awesome post! Your family continues to be in my prayers for many more blessings to come!
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you're able to get the perspective of appreciation, it changes everything. I hope you're all well now and ready to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete