Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Emergency room take 2


So we had to take another trip to the ER today because Mason's shunt started leaking again. Yesterday we had an appointment with neurosurgery which I canceled because it wasn't leaking (plus they told us we didn't need to go if everything was ok). So of course it started leaking today at the top part of his head. I guess Mason is making sure my mom and I are old pro's at going to the dr. (don't know what I would do without her help)! Today's plan of action was to re-program the shunt so that it would drain some more and hopefully relieve some of that extra pressure so that the incision site can heal. They also took dermabond (basically super glue) and put it at the incision site in hopes that it will heal completely.   We are hoping and praying that this works. Phew, what a day or past couple of weeks. I am ready for some boring days! I think Mason just wanted to go visit his neurosurgery buddy "Uncle Phil" again.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, Mason...I bet Mommy would take you for a drive without needing to go the ED...no more emergencies, buddy. Glad he's doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you are my hero! You are such a good mama to little Mason. He's so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/11/27/4443279/preemie-returns-to-fort-worth.html

    hope you've had a chance to see this article.

    ReplyDelete