Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Another bump in the road

Today we got some not so great news. They had done a total of 5 CSF (cerebral spinal fluid) cultures to make sure they would come back negative for bacteria after they had taken the reservoir out. Well so far all of them had been negative on everything except for the last one. It came back today on the gram stain positive for 1 + bacteria. It is very weird that it would be that way and I am praying that it is just a mistake. Please join me in praying. Also, his cranial ultrasound showed an increase in hydrocephalous and it is pushing over to the right side which makes them think that the EVD isn't working. It has had some out of it so we really aren't sure what is going on. Please pray for this all to resolve and for them to figure it out.

Other than that Mason is doing well. He is tolerating his feeds and they increased them to 2 cc/hour. He stays awake some and sleeps some. His breathing is doing ok and the lasix seems to be helping it. So we hope that this can be resolved easily. I know they are getting infectious disease involved again to see what they want to do and I am thinking they will probably send off more cultures. So I will keep you posted but please pray for healing again. Below is a video that my mom put together of pictures of Mason from birth to now. We thank you all very much for your prayers for us and our little boy.



6 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren! Just wanted you to know I have been keeping up with Mason and praying. The video your Mom made is beautiful. I just cried. I am praying for this new situation. And for your heart. What a precious little boy you have. He is so handsome too! With love, Amy (Flanders) (From Wesleyan Days)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful video. I know that you have no clue who I am but I follow you and Josh everyday on FB and pray for your family. I went to school with Ashley Brewer and that is how I learned of your precious family. I feel that I have been with you guys through every bump in the road. I can not imagine what you have been going through over the last four months. Know that Mason has a large team of fans and people that pray for you guys each and everyday. I have ask God why your family deserves something like this but as I know those questions do not get an answer because we already know that God does not give us more than we can handle. I can not wait for the day to hear that you all have gotten to go home. Until then you have my prayers each and everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby Mason is such an inspiration to this 25to year old!!! He touches my life daily and your family is in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful video your Mom made of Mason! Ive been praying, as well as my prayer warriors & we wont give up praying! Mason is a fighter & God is healing him, even w/minor set backs. I will pass this info along to my prayer warriors so they can get in this ASAP!
    Josh, hang in there & keep Lauren grounded! You both are strong! Use each other to lean on.....
    Im so proud of you Josh! (Cynthia Rickman, from Whobodies)

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an amazing video!! It brought tears to my eyes. He really has come so far already. What an incredible fighter Mason is. Thinking of all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a beautiful video, and brought tears to my eyes. Brings back memories from when my twins were in the NICU. Mason is a fighter and will be out of there very soon, hang in there. My family and I are praying everyday!

    ReplyDelete