Saturday, September 22, 2012

4 months old


Hard to believe Mason is 4 months old today. He weighs in today at around 6 lbs. 4 oz. (he lost some weight). Overall, he is doing well. CSF cultures have continued to have no growth so that is good. The biggest thing now we need is for him to poop so that they will consider feeding. The dr. also mentioned wanting to have him treated on antibiotics for 10-12 days since he had an infection in his belly. So hopefully they will be able to restart feeds soon. We skipped labs today so we have them in the morning so I am praying for an increase in his platelets and that all other things will look good. Other than that he is doing great1 Thanks for your continued prayers. I am ready to have both of my sweet boys home. Today I had a hard time (more so than others) with being away from my boys. I am so ready for both of them to be under the same roof. But right now I just have to focus on the positive that Mason is doing better.

Happy 4 months Mason! We love you very much! Sleep well sweet boy.

3 comments:

  1. I have been following your blog since I saw it on a friends facebook page. Happy four months to your sweet baby boy! He is truly an inspiration!!. Your family has been and will remain in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tribute it is to the loving kindness of God that a baby who is 4 months old and also is just 1 week past his due date of Sept. 16 has weathered the "NICU storms" that Mason has and now is ready to sleep peacefully and with God's help is being restored to health. Praise to God.

    ReplyDelete