Thursday, May 24, 2012

One day old

Yesterday we got to hold Mason's hand. The nurses encouraged us to talk with him because he recognizes our voices from when he was in the womb and all of his stat levels improved when we were talking to him. He is still fighting and we are overwhelmed by the out pouring and prayer blanket that we have received from facebook and our friends. We have gotten messages, prayers, and encouragement from people we don't know. He had some complications when we went down later last night with his oxygen levels and carbon dioxide levels which was causing concern with his blood pressure. We were told yesterday that we would experience peaks and valleys and to take all of this 30 min. at a time. I have been fortunate enough to start pumping some colostrum so we took that down to him last night and some this morning. He sure is a sweet baby boy and we thank everyone so much for sending our prayers! Words can not express how much these mean. Last night, our Pastor Chris came to visit us and brought us a half pint mason jar filled with prayers. It was such an appropriate gift. Continue to join us as we pray for our little man.



Last nights verse, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding."

6 comments:

  1. Praying hard, Lauren. You are an amazing Christian mother. God couldn't be any prouder of you right now. Praying for Mason and you to celebrate the peaks... and trust in the valleys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren and Josh,

    I just received your blog from a friend asking me to connect with you. I was immediately saddened when I heard you are in the midst of the micropreemie NICU journey, as I too have been there. Our son, Pierce was born at 23 weeks 5 days in April 2011.

    I wanted to share with you our blog- www.littlebabypierce.blogspot.com- to hopefully offer you some encouragement. When Pierce was first born, I remember pouring through the internet searching for some hope. I found that in another 23 week blog: www.lifewithJack.com. And now, I hope that our blogs can be of some encouragement to you and your family!

    Pierce fought hard and God was so gracious to us. Today, many people who meet him would never know he had such frail beginnings. It's a long journey and I'd really love the opportunity to come alongside you and "hold" your hands.

    Please contact me if you find yourself a free moment (which I know is not an easy task) and want to chat. You can email me at thepreemiepierce@gmail.com.

    Know that we will start praying for your entire family and will begin following your journey via the blog.

    Blessings and Prayers,
    Lindsay Franks

    PS- Not sure where you guys are located. We are in Charlotte, NC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lauren. It's Emily (Rampey) Miller. I saw your blog link on Lindsay Cloer's fb and immediately read your post. We will most certainly be praying for you, your husband, Corbin and Mason. I can't imagine what this is like, but I will pray, knowing that God knows and will be everything you need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your sweet baby and for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister-in-law is friends with Becky Mueller. I, too, am the mother of micro preemies. My twin boys were born at 24 weeks in Jan. of 2010. I will be praying for your family, especially your little fellow. Our blog is www.prayingforhisblessings.blogspot.com
    Becky has my contact info. Please call or email anytime with any question. As you can imagine, with two babies born at 24 weeks, we experienced, well, a lot.... Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren and Josh,
    what an amazing precious little boy God has given you. I can't begin to imagine what you are going through at this time, I do know that the NICU at womens hospital is amazing with an awesome staff (Carter was there after he stopped breathing for a little while after he was born) You are wonderful parents, and I pray that sweet little Mason pulls through this I pray that he gets stronger everyday, I pray that you guys lean on each other and God for strength to get through this difficult time. Love and hugs to all of you
    Kristin Montgomery

    ReplyDelete