Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mason Cole


Mason Cole Matthews was born on May 22, 2012 at 10:36 pm being only 23 weeks and 5 days. His head measured 8.5 inches, cheat 7.25 inches, length 11.5 inches, and weight 1 lb and 5 oz. The NICU Dr last night told us Mason, that you were a fighter and that he did nothing heroic by rescuing you because you were strong and were trying to breathe on your own. Please pray for us and our Sweet new little baby that he will develop appropriately, get stronger every day, and be another miracle. Please pray for us to make it day by day and for strength for each one of us. And please pray for God's healing and perfect peace.

6 comments:

  1. He is a miracle. Such a strong baby boy. The road ahead may not be easy but remember that you never walk alone. In these long days remember Jeremiah 29:11. God has a plan for Mason Cole Matthews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a strong little boy! My best friend from college had twins born at 24 weeks. Today they are thriving 4 & 1/2 year olds! Look up Ballard boys reel director movie on YouTube. She is very involved with march of dimes. My heart goes out to you and your family and your little boy. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you on Kelly Stamps blog. Oh how I will always remember the roller coaster of the NICU. My daughter was born 4 months early, weighing 1lb and 13 ounces, she is 8 now. Mason is a miracle, in my prayers.
    Christina
    a preemie mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. found your blog through kristin's. your little boy has already grown so much since this picture was taken. my daughter was born at 30 weeks and that was scary. the NICU "two-step" is the worst but i hope that your little one keeps moving forward. keep holding on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. What a miracle baby! They may be tiny but these boogers are full of courage! My son, Kenji, was born 3/15/2012 at 24w4d. He was as tiny as your Mason only. 1.5lbs and 11.8in. He's 4 months old today and still in the NICU. Like another preemie mother said to me, "I rather drive everyday to see my child than miss my child everyday and not be able to see him/her." Keep hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just looking back again and it is so amazing to see how much Mason has grown and how far he has come since this photo. Keep fighting little guy.

    ReplyDelete