Saturday, March 30, 2013

George

Those of you that have known me for awhile have known George. George, for those of you who don't know was my sweet dog. Today, due to cancer, we had to put him down. It was a sad day. But I don't want to focus on the sad, I want to remember the good times we had.


I got George while I was in college and have had him ever since. I would say he was the perfect combination of a dog. Loyal to the "t" but not annoying. I can count on 1 hand the times I have heard him bark. He was so laidback and easy going. Our personalities meshed. George helped me get through some rough times in my life. He loved everyone, especially if they would slip him some food. He even turned some dog not likers into dog lovers because of his loving heart. This year I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time with George because my parents were taking care of him since we were gone so much at the hospital with Mason. George had had skin cancer about 2 years ago that had gone into remission. The week that Mason came home my mom took him and noticed that he was losing his hair again and sure enough it looked like the cancer had come back. She worked hard to get it back in remission and for that I am thankful but he was older and it was harder to battle. Fortunately I went and got him a week ago and spent a lot of quality time with him before it was time for him to go. He was such a good dog and he will definitely be missed by many! We love you George!



Quick update on Mason: He is working hard to battle this virus and is still having some difficulty breathing because he is so stuffy in his nose. We are having to suction him quite often but we will get through it.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so sorry about your dog. :( i got my jack in college and he is now 13. he's slowed down so much. i am not looking forward to the day you just had. :(

    ReplyDelete