Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mom

Mom,
   We have truly been through so much together within this past year. To think a year ago last Mother's Day our lives were so different than now (which I wouldn't have it any other way).  Things changed quickly and it hit us hard and fast.  And you have been with us through it all. I don't know what I would have done without you, Josh, and God. You have been a constant supporter and encourager. I remember that night in the delivery room when we had NO idea what was going to happen, you told me that no matter what, we would get through it together. And we have.
   You have been there for me and have known what I needed. Without me even asking you would come over and clean my house, do my laundry, bring a meal when I couldn't even put a complete sentence together because I had been up all night praying/thinking about Mason and pumping. You have helped out with Corbin and help to keep him steady in an unsteady world of chaos with his parents being at the hospital so often. You have been there to help us through all the medical terminology when we didn't understand (which now we could all have an honorary MD behind our name, right?). You have encouraged when it didn't look hopeful and picked me up when I was low. You have listened as I voiced my fears and frustration and been to numerous dr. and ED visits,  pulling all nighters with me there.
   Words can not express or thank you enough but I guess I can only say now I understand why you would do all this for me. Because now I am a mother to 2 children. I will be there for them as you will always be there for me, no matter what they need.  That is what it means to be a mother. Mom, we love you and appreciate you for all you do. Happy Mother's Day.

Gigi and the boys




No comments:

Post a Comment