Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ups and downs

Last week was a great week for Mason. He started smiling, got good news from Pt saying some positive things about him and giving me exercises to work on, and he started actually tolerating tummy time and his overall neck control increased a lot. This week not so much.

This week began by Mason being up all night very fussy, throwing up all his foods, and spiking a fever. This week sent us to the ED again where they did cbc, urine cultures, rsv and flu test, shunt series, and MRI. Mason still had a fever in the ED and the overall consensus is that he has a virus. He acts like he feels horrible and I hate to see him this way. I also feel like we have lost a week because I can't do his exercises or work with him because he feels awful. I am also getting frustrated with being home bound all the time. I worry about Mason a lot and any set back like this stresses me out. I wish it wasn't so but it is hard not to feel this way. I am tired physically and mentally. I do feel like God sent me a verse yesterday. It was Mark 11:24 I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you've received i, it will be yours. True faith. I believe. In all the ups and downs.

1 comment:

  1. The path you're on is a very rocky, curvy, at times frightening one. These hard times will challenge every fiber of strength and resilience you have. The good times, though they may seem fewer and further between, will let your heart soar to heights never imaginable. I speak from experience, not fluff. Hugs to you all. Kisses to sweet Mason.

    ReplyDelete