Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jenny



Meeting him for the first time.
My grandmother, Jenny, passed away this past Saturday, Nov. 19, 2011 at 7:42 a.m. She had been declining pretty quickly in the past few months but I will always be thankful that she got to meet Corbin. Seeing him always put a big smile on her face and she has loved to watch him run around or just hold him for the past year at Camden Place. She always said, "He is so pretty. Hasn't he got the roundest head, the prettiest ears? My isn't he heavy? Is he sleeping through the night? What can I buy him?" I would always hand him to her as she was sitting in her chair and I would wheel them both into the family room where I would let him down and she would watch him run around. He gave her many hugs and kisses (even though she wasn't too fond of his open mouth kisses). Near the end when she was at Beacon Place, we took him and she just watched him as he was throwing a ball and he put the ball on her bed. She took her arms out from underneath the covers to get the ball out and play with him. She was such a special lady, near and dear to our hearts and she will greatly be missed and even though Corbin knows who she is now, I know he will have a very faint memory of her. I am so glad that they could meet and that she was able to hold him in her arms, even though it was for a short time. I know someday soon we will see Jenny again and she is having a great time in heaven being able to walk and be free again!
Christmas last year (2010) right before she went to the hospital.

Corbin and Jenny at Camden Place around 8 months old here.

No comments:

Post a Comment