Saturday, October 15, 2011

Busy Busy Busy!


It has been awhile since I have had a chance to sit down and think for a second to update our blog. Earlier this week I sprained my ankle pretty badly while working in a classroom so I think God is encouraging me to slow down for a second. For those of you who don't know I have taken on a second job this year doing early intervention work which has been a blast and work at school has been crazy and trying to keep up with Corbin adds a whole new dimension on top of that! Phew...we have been busy!
We had the chance a few weekends ago to go to Fripp Island with Gigi which was Corbin's second trip to the beach but probably the first trip he actually remembers. He had a blast even though it was REALLY WINDY and the water was very cold. He loved running on the beach and kept trying to run into the waves. He would suck in air when the water hit him (it was cold) but he kept going back for more. We stayed out for a little bit but kept getting pounded on by the sand so we headed back to the house, ate lunch, and Corbin was so exhausted he took over a 3 hour nap! He loved going up and down the stairs in the beach house, riding the golf cart, and checking out the deer that run freely on the island. We also went to the large fishing pier and people were catching crabs so he got to see his first crab up close.
Our sweet family

This boy has grown up so much!
Whee...
"Pee pie" as Corbin says.
Love this smiling face.
What is the thing Daddy is holding?

I can't believe how much this little boy has changed. He is not a baby anymore. He is talking up a storm and repeats many words. There are so many I can't list but he loves to say Mommy, Daddy, doggie, uh oh, apple, hug, this, beach, ball, happy, eieio, Gigi, Papaw, Mimi, Poppa, Ray Ray, Grandpa, and many more. He has also said 2 word phrases like peaches please, thank you, no no no, and bye bye daddy. His receptive vocabulary is unbelievable and I swear he understands the majority of what we say. He can sign please, more, and the other day he went to our pantry door pointed and signed eat. He has quite the personality...the other day he brought up something and held it out to me, said "Mommy" like I was supposed to take it and I tried and then he held it back and shook his head no. Again, He held it out like I was supposed to take it and when I tried he held it back and ran and turned around at me laughing. He is so happy and joyful it makes me smile. He is so independent it has been a little hard recently but things have gotten better. He will come up to us and give us a hug, putting his head on our shoulder and say "Awe" and still gives us wide open mouth kisses even though he is working on puckering up his lips for kisses. Sometimes I miss that small little baby but it is so much fun to watch him grow. He is keeping us on our toes and yep, very busy!

1 comment:

  1. He is so handsome, love his hair! I can't believe how much he has grown in the past few months...I love that sweet age!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete